Sunday, August 06, 2006

I FINALLY did it!!

I finally did it. I don't think pigs are flying, nor hell frozen over, but I posted my first layout in a gallery. I've been at odds with doing one, because I don't have any kids, and the DH isn’t really excited about being in any photographs. So, I did the next best thing, and shot one of his favorite spring/summer pursuits – the vegetable garden. My DH is a very technically minded, fix-anything-that's mechanical kind of guy, so when he first brought up having a veggie garden to me a few years ago, I was clearly skeptical. I have to say, he's got an amazing green thumb though – as opposed to mine which is black and withering *weg* (I killed cactus – need I say more?)

Anyhow, this is the layout I posted about his garden – a shot right after planting, with another taken today. Feel free to leave a comment about the layout – I would love some constructive criticism. And before I forget – I have a new kit that I am going to be giving away a piece at a time here starting within the next day or so. Keep your eyes peeled!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here are the notes on my layout:

Kit Used: Melon In Paradise by Tracy Simms
Fonts Used: Amorie, Arial Black
Doodle by: Elemental Creations
Software: Photoshop CS2
Equipment: Wacom Graphire 3 Tablet
Journaling: My own (messy!) handwriting

Completed August 6th, 2006